Face recognition refers to methods that are capable of matching an individual face from an image or video frame against a database of reference faces. As compared to other biometric techniques, facial recognition systems are able to perform mass identification and do not require the cooperation of the subject. Due to various orientations, scales and occlusion by glasses, masks and more, face recognition is between the most challenging problems in the field of biometric-based authentication. Correspondingly, a wide range of application-specific algorithms and tools have been provided in the literature and technology. For more technical discussion, please refer to recognition white paper.
At saiwa, we provide a generic face recognition interface to examine this effective application. For advanced solutions, please let us know your specific problem and environment through “Request for Customization” form and we will get in touch to provide robust and high performance solutions. Please note that the generic face recognition service that you may try here, is not adapted for occluded faces like the ones wearing glasses, face masks, etc. Additionally, it works best for frontal or near frontal faces.
saiwa face recognition service includes and provides the following features and advantages:
- Enhancing from a fast recognition algorithm
- Multiple reference images of the same individual
- Employing saiwa face detection service
- Detecting and localizing reference faces over multiple images of unknown subjects
- Exporting and archiving the results in user cloud space or locally
- Service customization by saiwa© team using “Request for customization” option
- Preview and download the resulting images or detailed information of detected facesFace recognition is mostly used for authentication and security applications like:
1. Authentication of electronic devices
2. Face recognition in social media
3. Automatic surveillance systems
5. Touchless entrance verification